- Exciting potential for players to compete or play together for cash prizes in video games or casino games.
Eg the winner of a racing game takes the biggest share of a prize pot, with the operator retaining a percentage of the entry fees – similar to rakeback in poker.
- Blockchain companies such as ChainGames are partnering with major game producers such as Atari, enabling players to compete for cash prizes in classic video games. Smart-contracts give trust and automatic payouts. Skillz and others are bringing skill-based betting games to the US market. Other companies are developing software where players can bet on existing games.
- Lots of cross-over potential between video gaming, casino gaming, and betting.
- Prudent for casino gaming companies to develop fun and engaging sites in this area. Also a defensive element as P2P software and crypto payments have the potential to cut out existing operators.
- Skill and Prize games are a good way to prepare for future casino gaming in some US states as they gradually regulate. Huge future market potential.
- Simple cool brand. Easy to market with the trusted dotcom extension.
Other Premium Gaming domains at Epik: